Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My mind is empty + The best purchase ever.

I've hit a writing and thought dry spell. I haven't had any urge to write in a few days. My girlfriend has been around for a few days too, I'm not sure if that's proof of what I discussed here or coincidence. Regardless, I don't want to slow down in my blogging otherwise 3 days turns into 1 week, 1 week to 1 month and next thing you know, I don't blog anymore.

I'm going to dig up one of my old drafts and write about it - that's what they're here for. Bare with me, there's a lack of passion to the following post and writing without passion feels really...bleh. I don't like it.

The best purchase ever.

I think one of the smartest things I've ever done was spend an extra few hundred dollars on my mattress/bed. My girlfriend and I tested out (by lying down on them - get your mind out of the gutter) mattresses from Sears, Sleep Country, The Bay, everywhere that we could do some tests. The mattress we purchased from Sleep Country was a bit more expensive than we wanted. About a 1/4 of the price more. But I have to say, the investment was definitely worth it.

We (everyone) spends so much time sleeping. Ideally at least a third of our lives. The other two thirds rely heavily on this one third. My sleeping habits have become better lately without WoW and with my new change in lifestyle. No more sleeping between 2:30am to 8:30am on weekdays and 13 hours on weekends (totally 56 hours/week ~ 8 hours/day). While the numbers add up correctly, the sleeping pattern is...I wouldn't say unhealthy, but could be better. No more being highly irritable during the weekday, bless my co-workers for forgiving me on my less polite days. No more coffee needed to function properly. I'm trying to maintain my standard 8 hours/day, everyday. It kinds sucks because even on weekends, I wake up before noon, something I haven't been accustomed to since elementary school (yeah, my sleeping patterns have ALWAYS been frakked up).

Sorry, I got a little side tracked. Getting back to this bed thing, I suggest that when you buy your next bed, don't rush it. Choose carefully and be willing to pay considerably more for a better mattress. You deserve it and trust me, it will return the favor ten-fold. I love my bed. Sleeping on an air mattress and occasionally the couch makes me appreciate it even more. I would jump in-front of a bullet to save my bed. I would rescue my bed from a burning building before I would rescue my girlfriend. I would rather be alone with my bed than be with my girlfriend and my bed. Hey, three's a crowd.

I know what you're thinking:
Best. Boyfriend. Ever.

Ironically, this post will probably prevent me from being with my bed for a couple days and I'll be forced to spend some much needed quality time with my good friend, the couch, of which I usually only game with.

1 comment: