Thursday, February 11, 2010

Monster - complete!

My decrease in posts the last few days has been directly related to my reading of this manga, Monster

A total of 162 chapters, the first volume (Ch1-8) set an awesome premise, full of moral dilemmas and some very real, interesting characters. I thought the story after that was good. Not great. It kept my attention, but just good. But after hitting chapter 70, I began to blow through the rest of the manga, totally addicted to the story and immersed in the world. I could not stop reading, every event seemed to lead into a more intriguing event. A giant puzzle with every chapter slowing revealing small pieces until you see the complete picture.

I doubt I would say I loved this series if the end did not carry out exactly as it did. I was very slightly disappointed with it until I re-read it and realized the true beauty of it. It was perfect. Everything was perfectly done.

I would love to re-read and analyze everything if this didn't take me so long to read in the first place. Maybe someday. It definitely satisfied my need for some good thought provoking material. Sadly, I think that because I rushed through a lot of it, I didn't give it the thought it probably deserved. I think I'll pace myself next time...(yeah right...)

Anyways, very happy. I suggest the read if you liked Death Note (Anime)...or Se7en...or want something dark, disturbing, morally thought provoking....

Now please stand by as I return you to your regularly scheduled life, already in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment