Monday, February 22, 2010

Many discoveries on my journey home

Note: I walked home in today's somewhat heavy snow.

1. Lots of snow makes my hair sad and cry. When I got home, my hair was considerably flat and down...it looked depressed. As the snow melted, my hair started to drip (or cry) on my shoulder. Don't worry, I comforted it.

2. Only a very small number of people use umbrellas on a day like today. I don't understand why people wouldn't, it's basically raining (and yes, I didn't bring my umbrella, I oddly didn't check the weather today, something I do everyday before leaving my home).

3. People still walk on the outside (or is it inside?) of the sidewalk, near the road despite the giant puddles. Many of them very close to being Perfect Crime'd.

Perfect Crime'd - as defined by Warren and Z: When a car drives through a puddle of water, splashing nearby pedestrians with dirty street water. By the time the crime has been committed and the victim has realized their misfortune, the driver/perpetrator should be a decent distance away. The victim never knows who the perpetrator is nor can the victim catch the perpetrator. The perpetrator is faster and has a car for protection.
e.g.
Z: "Oooo, look at that puddle! Those people are standing right beside it!"
W increases the speed of his car and gradually turns towards the puddle. W drives through the puddle.
W: "LUL! Those guys got perfect crime'd!"
Then W went straight to hell.


4. Walking with the snow is considerably different from walking against it. I swear for the 1 minute I walked against the snow, ice scratched up my eyes and hail flew into my ear and perforated my eardrum.

5. I did not, even for a moment, lose my balance or come close to slipping. I did see others that did though. I attribute this either to my grace, my sneakers, or my ninja like reflexes. If only we could use our mind to fly...then this wouldn't be an issue. Evolution people, jeez...maybe you should try it once in a while.

This post is border-lining absurdity...I think I'll stop.

1 comment: