Thursday, February 11, 2010

I am so Visual Studio 2000 and late.

I was trying to make an update to a site at work today. It's currently built on the asp.NET 2.0 framework and created mostly with Visual Studio 2008's Design view. While spending more time than I should have on such a simple update, I realized that my skill level is simply too low. So low that I can't figure out the basics of how this site works. I dunno WTF I'm doing. And let's face it, web is EZ MODE.

I'm so frustrated. I like figuring things out. I'm a good debugger. But I'm so lost here...I haven't had this feeling in a while. I used to have it studying for exams at UWaterloo...not being able to figure stuff out. It's not something I've felt for a while...and not a feeling I want to reoccur. Argh! So frustrated. Frustrated with myself. I can't keep blaming WoW for everything but goddammit, what was I thinking for all those years. Life just passed me by.

This weekend is Visual Studio and asp.NET weekend. I've read enough manga and fan fiction (sorry Karol, still not caught up on Sky's). I've watched enough movies. I really need to refocus on my web development skill.

This feeling...will not come up again.

Well, it will, but not for the same thing. This I vow! MY PRIDE - YOU WILL BE AVENGED! FOR FREEDOM! FOR JUSTICE! FOR ODIN! FOR ASGARD! FOR THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM!

my posts always end in idiocy.

No comments:

Post a Comment